Thursday, January 24, 2008

Settling In

Well, we are moved into our new home. It all happened so fast, but I think we are finally all settled in. There are only a few boxes left to unpack. It is a good feeling. We had good help from family, which made the process very simple. We are thankful for a supportive family.

We sure do love being close to the places we live our lives at... school and work. I have not had to drive to work once! Harrison has been able to ride his bike to school and work almost everyday. He has taken the truck on the days it is bitter cold. We have not had many days over the freezing mark the last couple of weeks and that makes for almost painful bike rides.

We enjoy our three bedrooms. It seems that we have enough room for everything. I am most excited about our spare bedroom. I feel like a real grown child. I can have my parents and in-laws actually sleep in our own house. We actually have room for them. It is a good feeling for me.

I don't have pictures of our new place just yet, but as soon as we take some, I will be sure to post them. It is a really nice place. It is an older house, but it has been remodeled in almost every way. There are new floors, doors, and more! We also have central air conditioning, which around here, is a rarity. I almost think that central air makes it worth living in.

We are so thankful for all of the blessings that the Lord has blessed us with. We have health and happiness. We have food in the cupboards and a roof over our heads. All in all, a pretty good life!

No comments: