Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Another round of Thankful Thursday for all!  I know it's been a LONG time since I have posted one of these.  I am the one to blame.  So here we go:

I found my sleeping pills this week.  They have been lost for a month.  I found them in the cupboard with the canned food.  Weird.  I am pretty sure they were tossed in there when I put some new cupcake sprinkles away that I bought at Target around Valentine's Day.  So silly.  But- it does make me hopeful that I will find my wedding ring.  I misplaced that about 3 weeks ago.  So... I will keep praying... and hoping that I didn't toss it someplace bad.. like the trash or something.

Spring is here in Las Vegas.  Such an amazing thing.  The trees are in full bloom.  So bring on the tanning oil and shorts!  

Weight loss is hard.  I was one of those people who rolled her eyes when people told me that even though I was stick thin when I was younger, I would probably gain weight when I got to be an adult.  Well- they were right.  Oh were those people right!  Well- I have been re-dedicated to losing the extra weight that I have been toting around.  It has been fun for me to go to the gym by myself and run the treadmill and lift weights.  It has also been an interesting journey with watching what I eat and counting calories.  Not my favorite thing... and I have given some of my favorite things up... but it will all be worth it.

I am thankful for a husband that wants to communicate.  It is amazing to me that Harrison and I have been married for almost 6 years!  On some days I think that I know everything about my husband... and other days I think... WHO THE CRAP DID I MARRY?  I don't even know a single thing about him!!!  But I am so thankful that he is always willing to talk about things and work things out when we find a bump in the road.  I am so thankful that there are not many bumps in our road... we paved ourselves a pretty smooth road actually.  So the bumps that do come up are just cracks and we are able to re-surface those cracks pretty easily (yes- I just used an asphalt analogy... corny... yet it totally makes sense.).

 *******************************************************

Well- take time to think about things that you are thankful for today!  Thanks for reading this.  I sometimes feel like I am talking into the black abyss of the "inter-webs".  Leave a comment and let me know I am talking to a human being.  
Tell somebody you love them today and that they mean something to you.  Take time to notice the little things (the fact that you didn't have to sit at the stop light for long today... and if you did... you were able to think about something silly for a moment).   

3 comments:

Marie said...

I am a human. And I am thankful for your thankful post. :)

Susiebelle said...

I am a human bean!hehe

Unknown said...

I love your posts! This was a great one!