Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Convention... Party like a Rockstar!

Convention is a bittersweet animal. It is SUPER stressful but oh so rewarding. The prep for the entire thing is exhausting. This year's theme was ROCKSTAR. I was in charge of Reserved Seating and our founders' schedules. The week of convention I worked 100 hours from Monday to Saturday. Oh brother!

My roommate was Jane. We work in the same department and I heart her! We get along so well. We had lots of "Ren and Stimpy" moments during our week!

Me and Jane

See the Salt Lake temple in the background? It was my "beacon of light during that tumultuous time". Like my SMUCKERS sweatshirt!? Awesome!



So these are photos of my "job". I had to make sure everybody had their names on their seats complete with programs and bottled water. The task took about 4-5 hours everyday (for set up and touch up before the big general sessions).

This is Jane and I eating the convention food. We went hungry most days because the food was pretty much elementary school cafeteria food. YUCK!

The Goo Goo Dolls Concert! YIPPEE

So, the Goo Goo Dolls were our big name entertainment this year. The concert was awesome and since I doubled as security this night... I had amazing seats. Just check them out!




Were the overtime hours worth it? Of course! I had a blast. I can't wait until next year! Next years convention will be in LA, California! I am super stoked for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You all are the TRUE ROCKSTARS!!!