Sunday, April 5, 2009

I love General Conference


I should be going to bed right about now. But I have had such overwhelming feelings of gratitude and thankfulness for the LDS General Conference sessions the last two days. For those of you who may not be of my faith and are wondering what the crap I am talking about.... General Conference is a 2 day conference (these conferences are held every 6 months... in April and October) where the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints speak to the members of the church all over the world via a televised conference. You may have stumbled across it once or twice in your lives.

Anyway. I enjoyed conference so much! There were so many great messages given and I feel that a few of them were given just for me. I so much enjoyed Elder Hales' talk on Provident Living. The talk was all about being prepared monetarily and to be out of debt. He also told us (I felt like he was talking directly to me) that when we have some extra money and feel like buying something we want but don't really need, we should use it for the good of others. I loved hearing that. I get so caught up with my own WANTS that I forget so often to think of others that may be in need of my help!

I also loved all the talks (there were at least 3) on Temples. Again, for those of you who are not of the LDS faith, Temples are so sacred and special to us. We are able to perform sacred ordinances there for ourselves and for those who have passed on. Anyway, I have a renewed vigor to attend the temple often. I am so spoiled to be here in Utah and have a dozen temples within 100 miles of me.... and even more spoiled to have one less than a mile from me (I could walk if I wanted).

I would like to tell all of you (friends, family, and strangers alike) of my testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I never thought I would broadcast it on my blog, but I have not been able to get these feelings out of my head (nor would I want to. They are feelings of gratitude and of love). I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith restored this gospel to the Earth and it was given to him by God Himself. I know that my Savior died for me. I know that he suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins. I know that he knows me. I know that the Lord knows me... by name. I know that The Book of Mormon is the truest book on the face of this Earth. I love it. There are so many great lessons contained in that book. I learn from it each and every time I read it. I know that there is a living prophet on this Earth right now in these modern times. Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet on the Earth today. He is the mouthpiece of the Lord. He receives revelation for us in these times.

Today in the last session of conference President Monson said that he loved us. He meant all of the church... but I felt that love in my heart. It felt like he said it straight to me. I have never felt that before (I mean a love from a prophet so personally).

I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to participate in conference this weekend. I so look forward to the next conference in October.

Thanks for listening to me. I felt like I needed to share this with all of you.

-Jaala

No comments: