Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just call me Martha... well... almost

Well- about a month ago, Harrison texted me an awesome picture.  He had my brand new Bernina sewing machine in the back seat of his car.  Now this isn't just any sewing machine you see... Bernina is a very respected brand in the world of sewing and I would venture to say that it really is the best brand out there on the market today :)


Anyway- this gift was made possible by SO many people.  Harrison set up a gift fund through my facebook and email account.  He sent emails to all of my friends and family letting them know that I would really like a sewing machine for my birthday this year.  Well- the generosity of my dear friends and family was overwhelming.  With their help, Harrison was able to purchase my machine.

I got the machine and set it up and.... got scared.  WHAT AM I THINKING!?!?  I was so afraid that I would mess it up or break it.  I have taken a few classes to "get to know" my awesome machine (actually they call them "sewing computers" now... give me a break) and I really am enjoying it!


I have made ONE project so far :).  I made a really fun garland for my fireplace.  I had thread and I had felt pieces... so here is what I came up with.



I hope to start getting brave and actually making REAL things.  Let me know your ideas.  I would love to hear them :)

No comments: