Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Wow- I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted!  My life seems to be getting busier and busier!  OK- let's recap the last little while with a Thankful Thursday!


Dates with my Husband
Yeah yeah- I know that I have posted about this and just worded the title different about a hundred times... but its true!  I am seriously thankful for the time I get to spend with my husband.  My work and his school schedule can get pretty crazy at times and some nights we get to see each other for about 45 minutes before we head off to bed.  So- the days and evenings when we can spend a CHUNK of time together are amazing to me!



Community Events
I have really been feeling a sense of community lately.  It might be because I was given some responsibilities at work which include getting our company "out" in the community more.  So community events have been a little more important to me.  But that aside- it is really awesome to see folks rally around each other for a common goal or cause. 
We recently went to the annual Santa Run 5K here in Las Vegas.  We went to watch this time, but I definitely think that we will actually participate next year.  There were over 4,000 Santas who ran for charity.  I think we broke a world record of most Santas in a single place too.  That's awesome.  It was fun to see all the human and K9 Santas that chilly morning (well chilly for Las Vegas.  It was a cool 40 degrees with a slight wind... bbrr).





Humor
I could be wrong, but I think I am kind of funny.  I mean- I know I am not the funniest person on the planet... but I think I am pretty dang close to it.  KIDDING... sort of.  But anyway- I can appreciate funny things.  I love to laugh.  There were a couple of funny things that happened to me the last little while.

First- a text.  I was texting back and forth with Harrison about some stuff and I was mentioning my sister, who's name is Charnae.  My phone auto corrected her name to GARBAGE!  I about died with laughter.  I had tears running down my face because I was laughing so hard.  I promise I don't think my sister is garbage... just my phone.

I have a co worker who wears wigs to work.  It is a good idea when you really think about it.  You just pop it on and you have a whole new look and if you don't like it... just take it off and you are back to normal.  Well I took a turn with the wig.  I thought it was hilarious!  I am not a "bangs" kind of girl.  When I get them... I end up regretting it about 4 hours later.  What do you think?  Hilarious or not?

Harrison thought I looked like Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction.  A couple of the girls at work also thought that.  I can see it.  But I don't know if I am ready to make the humorous move to bangs quite yet.


New Jewelry
Harrison asked me the other day if I ever wanted new jewelry.  We had just viewed about the million-th commercial for diamonds and jewelry on tv during the program we were watching.  I told him what I thought.  He took my advice and I got a beautiful new ring last night after our breakfast for dinner at IHop.  He is a good egg.



I know this is kind of an obscure Thankful Thursday.  It is more of an update rather than a thankful post... but- I have to multi-task on this one.

I hope you are all well. 

No comments: