Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spiritual Thought Sunday

I know I have been slacking mucho on the blog.  Sometimes I just don't know where time goes.

Today church seemed to fly by... and I didn't eat anything before I left- so I had a headache after the first hour.

But I did have a nice moment with my young women today.  We were talking about the relationship changes that happen with daughters and parents as daughters get older (especially in their older teen years).  We talked about how hard it is and how sometimes being that age is hard for both the daughter and for the parent.

I was able to bare testimony to them about life after this time.  It always gets better.  I also reminded them that parents are just trying to do their best.

I cried a lot.  I remember that time in my life.  I definitely remember how hard it was for me.  I didn't want to be a kid anymore, but I sure wasn't ready to be a total adult either.  What a crappy time really... for most teenagers I think.

But we left class with tears, hugs, and smiles.

I love my young women.  Like a lot.


No comments: