Monday, March 26, 2012

Pinterest Review



Hey folks.  Well- if you know me personally or if you have been reading my blog for any amount of time... you know that I love Pinterest.  Like a lot.  I am on it more than Facebook these days.  But- I am also a believer in actually following through with projects on Pinterest and not just looking at them.  Well- I am going to start reviewing different projects, recipes, and stuff that I find and do on the site.  Here we go:

PS- the titles are linked to the original links... so take a look for directions and recipes if you'd like.


 My review: 10 out of 10... well sort of.  The recipe was quite easy to follow and the ingredients were few.  It took me about 5 minutes to throw it all in the crock pot.  The recipe itself was JUST chicken and dumplings.  I thought... yeah right- like that is gonna keep us full after dinner.  So I added carrots, baby red potatoes, celery, and a can of corn.  It was really tasty.  We ate it tonight actually.  There were tons of leftovers and I am excited to eat it again.


 My review: 2 out of 10.  It was pretty gross.  I made it a couple of days ago.  I should have known that three... yes THREE cans of different creamed condensed soup was just gross.  It was really easy to put together but it just tasted bland and very cheap... which it was.  So- take it from somebody who tried... don't always trust Paula Dean.


 My review: 6 out of 10.  I made and used this today.  I don't think it works as well as the reviews says it does.  I followed the directions precisely too.  I used it on a few different things to test it out.  FIRST- a white dress shirt of mine that had some sweat stains in it.  The stains were old... like 3-4 years probably.  The bloggers say that it doesn't matter if the stains are old or new... but it does.  I put the mixture on the stains and gave it a good scrub.  I then let it sit for about 2 hours before throwing it into the wash.  The shirt came out with lighter sweat stains, but they were not completely gone.  SECOND- my husband's dress shirt collars.  He always has me pretreat the shirts with soap before I throw them in the wash- but I did it with the mixture today.  The collars are REALLY clean!  Not even a small trace of neck dirt!  THIRD- some treating of some "unmentionables".  Girls- you will understand this one.  Well- the stains started to come out while I was scrubbing... but there was too many of the same unmentionables in the load of laundry so I couldn't find the exact one while I was tossing them into the dryer.  So- I don't have a grade for this one.  Something tells me though that the stain won't be completely gone... but better!


My review: 10 out of 10!  This has seriously been a life-saver!  Why didn't I think of it first?  HA!  My phone cord by my bed would always fall and get lost in the black hole between the bed and the night stand.  One clip and the problem has been solved!  I just had to make sure to use a medium sized clip so that the end of the cord that plugs into the phone fit through and stayed secure.  But really- this has been awesome!  DO IT TONIGHT!

OK- so there you go!  Try most of them!  They are worth it... except the casserole.  That was gross.  Don't bother.  Funny story about the casserole.  Harrison and I were determined to eat at home Saturday night.  We finally got to the store at about 8:45 that night.  We got the stuff we needed and got home.  The casserole finally came out of the oven at 10:30pm.  And we were hungry but we ate about two bites and that was it.  Bleh!  And- there is 3/4 of a 9x13 pan left of it.  Shoot!

Anyway- I hope you enjoyed this!

No comments: