Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday

How has your week been so far?  Mine has been BUSY!  I have been thankful to lay my head on my pillow every single night!  Here are my thankfuls for this week:

Bedtime
Seriously- It has been a GO GO GO kind of week.  I am thankful for the comfortable fluff that is my bed.  And- I have been sleeping quite soundly too (except for last night).

Perseverance
I gave up soda a week ago.  Like all together.  That is a hard thing for me.  I am not the strongest person when it comes to this sort of thing... but it has been a week and I have had a few sips of Harrison's sodas but that is it.  YAY

Easter Colors
I love pastels.  I love seeing the window decor at the stores and I love seeing all the Easter goodies inside the stores!  It makes me nothing but happy.  AND- I have already eaten my fair share of Reese's peanut butter eggs... so good!

Brazilian Music
We have been listening to Samba and Bossa Nova music in the evenings while we get homework, church lessons, knitting, and other busy work done.  I love it!  It makes me miss Brazil a lot.  Who wants to contribute to a "Send Jaala and Harrison back to Brazil fund"?  Anybody?

Rolled Down Windows
The weather has been beautiful here in the City of Sin!  I have had my truck windows rolled down while on the neighborhood streets (the freeway is too windy for me).  We have also had our windows open at the house.  I love it!  The sound of the birds and the light breezes that come in.  The neighborhood dogs kind of get annoying when they bark incessantly though.

Mormon Messages
Seriously- there are some good "pick me up" messages! Whether you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or not, some of the messages are just nice to hear.  They talk about being kind to others, strengthening family bonds, and the love our Heavenly Father has for us.  I have been making it a habit to watch at least one or two a day.  FUN.

My challenge to you is to find at least five things you are thankful for.  It will make you feel a lot better... even if you are already in a bad mood.

SMOOCHES!!

No comments: