Monday, March 19, 2012

Spiritual Thought Sunday

Sunday was great.  I am sad I didn't get around to posting this yesterday.  Harrison and I had our last week of our Member Missionary Training Class.  We had a really good discussion.  We talked again about why it can be so hard for us to tell other people about the gospel and our beliefs.  Our challenge was to make a profile on Mormon.org and tell somebody about being  member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I left the class so excited to share the gospel with somebody.  I felt like I had the courage to talk to ANYBODY and tell them why I am so happy and excited about my beliefs.  Well- I haven't actually come in contact with anybody to share it with... YET... but I thought I would share a bit of it with you today.

I think the most exciting part about my beliefs is the knowledge of The Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that my family will be a forever family.  What does a forever family mean?  It means that even after death, my family will be together in the eternities.  This Earth life is but a small section of what eternity will be.  I was able to enter the temple when I was married to Harrison and we were sealed together for time and for all eternity.  I will still be married to Harrison even after we die.  The children that we will have someday will be our children FOREVER!  What a great comfort that is to me.  Isn't that a great thought?

When I was in high school, I had a friend of mine die in a car accident.  My mother and I attended the funeral services. I remember the preacher speaking to the family and telling them that they would never see their son again.  I also remember that he spoke to my friend and said, "Darren, if you are even out there and if you can even hear us..."  I felt like jumping up right there are shouting to all.... NO!  THIS IS NOT THE END!  YOU WILL SEE YOUR SON AGAIN!  HE IS WAITING FOR YOU IN THE ETERNITIES!  I understood right then and there how important and comforting the knowledge of my family being a forever family was to me.  I would be devastated (just as Darren's family was devastated) if I thought that when life was over on this Earth, that it was the end.  There was nothing after this Earth life.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is a life after the one we are in right now.  We will be reunited with our loved ones that have gone on before us.  Grandparents, children, parents, aunts, uncles, dear friends, brothers and sisters... we will be able to see them again and hug them once more!  I feel very calm and optimistic when a friend or family member passes from this Earth life.  Though we are sad when they leave our presence on Earth, I know that it is not a true good-bye.  It is more of a see-you-in-a-while.

I have a testimony of these things.  I know them to be absolutely true.  Our Heavenly Father is a loving Heavenly Father.  He wants nothing more than for us to be obedient and to also be happy.  What a wonderful thing He has done for us... to make it possible for us to return to live in His presence again and to be reunited with our loved ones after this Earth life.



I am glad I got to share these beliefs of mine with you.  If you have any questions about anything I have posted today, please let me know!  I would love to help answer them.  Oh- and PS- I did complete my Mormon.org profile but I have not had a confirmation come back letting me know it is officially online.  I will let you all know when that happens!

My name is Jaala.  I am kind of quirky and like old stuff... and I'm a Mormon.

No comments: