Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pinterest Review!


Well- time for another Pinterest review.  Fun.  Here are some things that I have done lately and either loved, hated, or somewhere in between.



My Review: 10 out of 10.  This mani was super easy and went off without a hitch.  Instead of the purple underneath, I used a green.  Anyway!  It was great.  I painted my nails with the green and then used an opaque gold polish and painted about 3/4 of the way down.  After that dried, I used the big gold glitter polish just like in the picture (it is Sephora by OPI... but I can't remember what the color is).  The mani looked great.  I will definitely be doing this again with a different colors for sure!




My Review: 7 out of 10.  The idea is super great, but without a steady hand and nails at least the length of the ones in the tutorial... it doesn't look that great.  I used different colors but the same technique.  It looked more like big blobs rather than awesome scallops.  Maybe when I grow my nails out a little longer I will try this again and see if it comes out any better.


My Review: 10 out of 10.  This was super easy and really cute!  I made these for a Sunday lesson right around Easter.  The girls thought it was amazing!  Even though I do not like Peeps at all, I loved making and looking at these!  I might make these for Easter baskets in the future as well!


My Review: 8 out of 10.  We really liked this.  It was super easy to put together.  Instead of putting it into the crock pot and waiting hours, I made it and put it into the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  I did add almost double the sauce that was recommended and I feel like there should have been even more than that.  I will add more next time.  Also- I will omit the red bell pepper and add some black olives instead (maybe even some green chilies).  Harrison loved this too and the huge recipe made enough for me to freeze half (which froze beautifully).


My Review: mixed actually.  As far as the sock bun goes for a hair style in just the bun... 10 out of 10!  I love wearing my hair in the bun.  It stays quite secure with just a couple of extra bobby pins.  I get compliments on it every time I wear it up.  Now for the actual curling of my hair... 4 out of 10.  I don't get much curl.  The ends of my hair curls but that is it.  I had a friend tell me that her curls are much better if she does two buns on either side of her head.  I might try that next time.  The one single bun does nothing for curl for me.

No comments: