Monday, June 4, 2012

Spiritual Thought Sunday- Finally

Hi friends!  It has been a while.  I am sorry I had a meltdown and then you never heard from me again.  I needed a while to adjust my attitude and get back to what was important.

I don't feel like I am running quite as fast these days.  I also feel like I am finally beginning to get my 3 major "life responsibilities" into a good rhythm (those three things being a wife, employee, and young women's leader).

Not even two days after my blog meltdown I knelt down and prayed my little heart out.  I have not prayed that long or so intently in a while.  It felt good.  I felt like I was just kneeling at my Father in Heaven's feet and pouring my heart out to him.  I talked about how tired I was, how stressed I was, how "done" I was.  I cried.  I talked some more.  I asked him to help me.  I asked that my burdens be lightened because I felt like I was being crushed.

Well- my burdens were not lifted, but my prayers were answered.  I somehow have found more strength.  It seems that there has been more energy put into my life.  I had to laugh actually... I wanted to have things TAKEN from my plate and instead... I had about 4-5 things added to my plate at work (kind of major things too).  So- that was pretty interesting.  But- I have found energy to go faster and father without feeling overwhelmed and tired.

***************************************************

OK- now... onto my Spiritual Thought.

Yesterday was great at church.  I felt really inspired in all three of my meetings.  My thought today comes from the lesson we had in Sunday School.  We were studying in the last few chapters in Mosiah.  We read Mosiah 26:30 and it really stuck with me.  The scripture reads:

30 Yea, and aas often as my people brepent will I forgive them their trespasses against me.


How wonderful are the words AS OFTEN?  I really had a confirmation at that moment that the words in that passage were true.  






We all make mistakes.  We all sin.  We do it every single day.  It is so amazing to know that we can repent as often as we need.  Heavenly Father will forgive us a million times if we need it!  Satan is very good at weaseling his lies into our mind... especially the one that makes us think that when we sin we are not worthy to approach our Heavenly Father.  NOT TRUE!  Our Heavenly Father is a loving God.  He wants us to be happy.  He does not want us to suffer or be sad.  He definitely wants us to return to live with him in the Celestial Kingdom someday.  


It made me so happy to read that scripture.  


***************************************************

It feels good to blog again!  I am thankful for the blessings in my life.  I am thankful for the power of prayer and for the answers that I receive when I pray.  GOD IS GOOD.

No comments: