Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus 8 Season Premier so sad for me

Everybody who knows me knows that Jon and Kate plus 8 is my favorite show these days. For those of you who are not familiar with this show, it is a reality show about a family with two sets of multiples. A set of twins and a set of sextuplets. I absolutely adore the show, the parents (Jon and Kate) and all of the kids (Maddy, Cara, Aaden, Joel, Hannah, Leah, Alexis, and Collin).
Recently the couple have been caught in the tabloids with very serious allegations about fidelity, money, and control. I was horrified to see them on the front of People Magazine, US Weekly, and Star Magazine...
I did some research and got the facts. Yesterday night was the season premier of their 5th season of their show on the cable network TLC. It was so sad for me. The couple really are going through a hard time and they are thinking about splitting (although they set the record straight that there was NO infidelity of any kind). How awful. I was so sad throughout the entire hour long episode. It is a sad thing to think about for me. They seem to love each other and handle the stress of having 8 children pretty well, but I guess we only know what the cameras and the producers want us to see.
I wrote a letter to Kate (the mother) expressing to her the love I had for the show and in some way the love I have for her family. Watching the show for 5 seasons.... it makes me feel as if they are kind of a part of my own family. I just told her that I hoped they would make the best decisions for their family.
I feel that they should walk away from the show and begin the journey of a normal life without cameras and people watching their every move. While I would love for the show to go on forever, I understand that a family needs to stick together and the way things are going, that is not looking like the end result.




Again, I am sure those of you who are reading this are wondering why I am blogging about some TV show and not about Harrison's graduation photos (which I STILL promise to post) or my wonderful Memorial Day weekend with my family (which I will post as well)....

Well, truth be told.... I don't have the photos ready to be posted and this is what I am thinking about right now as I sit in my cubical at work...

Thanks for listening! More family stuff to come!

No comments: