Monday, January 3, 2011

Civil Rivalry

Well- it's that time of year again... the time of year that Harrison and I put on our respective colors and watch some good basketball!  

Guess who will be wearing which color/logo????




Since I was raised in Las Vegas, it is ONLY natural that I will be wearing Rebel colors.  I would feel VERY bad if I didn't.  

Since Harrison graduated from BYU, it is only natural that he would wear Cougar colors.  He would be betraying if he didn't.

Last year, Harrison's parents treated us to a GREAT game of basketball at the Thomas and Mack center here in Las Vegas.  UNLV was hosting BYU.  Here is a picture at that game:


Since Harrison is now a UNLV student (and I used his student status to get our student section tickets) I am not sure if he will be sporting his blue or if he will go red for the occasion.  Whatever the choice, I am really excited to go and scream and holler for whichever team we each decide to root for.  A night of basketball, soda, popcorn, and maybe even a hot dog.  It sure sounds like a good night out to me!

PS- RRRRRREEEEEEEBBBBBEEEEELLLLLSSSSS...... RRRREEEEBBBBBEEEEELLLLLSSSSSSS......



******************************************************************************
******************************************************************************

*********Update:**********
Here are some pics of our night out at the game:

The traffic getting to the game was a nightmare!  It took us over 30 minutes to drive like 8 miles.  We got to our seats after the game had started... oh well!


Its been a while since I've used this point and shoot camera.  My face says it all.  I couldn't figure out how to get the flash to turn off!


We didn't have the best seats... as you can see... but what do you expect for $10??

Oh yeah- UNLV lost!  Big time!  I was kinda sad.  It was the first game I attended in my entire life that the team I was rooting for lost.  Not bad for 26 years I guess.

No comments: