Thursday, August 25, 2011

And a very Thankful Thursday to you too!

Yeah- there are a few things I am thankful for this week:

Date Nights
We went and watched the planes take off and land the other night at the airport.  It is a fun thing.  There is a radio station you can tune your radio to and hear the air traffic controllers talk to the planes.  Harrison also found an app on his phone that allowed us to look up the flight numbers to see where the planes were coming from and going to.  It was fun!  Especially when we heard the pilot in his British accent talking to the control tower as he was leaving with this big 747 full of people on their way to London.


Brok
He is my brother.  The 6th out of 10 kids.  He is 14 years my younger.  I love him!  He is smart and funny and a pretty dang good looking kid.  He won his football game last weekend 31-6.  Good job Brok!  I am so proud of you!

New hair-do's
Well sort of.  This was an attempt to use Velcro curlers again.  My hair never turns out very great when I use them.  I found a really cool tutorial on using them on Pinterest.com (of course) and thought I would try it again.  It started out great and it was great UNTIL the very end.  My hair has not been cut or trimmed since December (eeww... I know) and so my lucious waves were flat as a pancake in about 5 minutes after taking them out of the rollers.  Crap!  I will attempt it again when I get my hair cut.  But I am thankful anyway for the tutorial and the hour and a half I spent on it and my fun make-up (which I don't have a picture of).


Cupcakes
I love them.  I really do.  I am all about the cupcake craze right now.  I really am.  I love the fact that it is a little personal and portable cake.  I love the fun things you can do with cupcakes.  We celebrated a co-worker's birthday at work the other day and there were CUPCAKES brought in.  They looked so dang cute!  I was excited to take a picture of them all!  I really like the colors in this picture.

Hobbies
Harrison and I have our fair share of hobbies.  We have a ton of fun with them.  One of the hobbies that Harrison has always loved is photography.  He really has a great talent for this hobby.  He set up his dark room stuff in the guest bathroom last week to print some photos from some negitives.  It was fun to see him create stuff.


Find something to be thankful for this week.  I heard a quote this week that I really liked:
Everyday might not be good, but there is something good every day!  I believe that!

No comments: