Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thin-spiration. Just a little rant

Well- for the most part... I try really hard to be positive on this here blog.  I mean- who wants to read a blog of crap and hate and rants and depression and whining and stuff??  Not me really.  But... I can't be silent about this anymore!  I have been totally into Pinterest.com lately and it really is an amazing site for inspiration and creativity (let me know if you want an invite to join).  Well- there is a ton of crap circulating on this site called "THIN-spiration".  These are posts and pictures of being skinny and doing whatever it takes to get that way.  I am totally tired of it!  I know eating disorders and things of this nature are nothing new... but I have just had enough.  Starving yourself or punishing yourself for eating and not being "skinny" is just sick and wrong.  Well- here is some of the crap that I see on that site (which ironically make me want to puke.  But not in an unhealthy eating disorder kind of way).





It just makes me sad and a bit angry to see all of this circulating around.  Now- do NOT misunderstand me.  I do NOT believe that OVER eating and living an unhealthy and unbalanced lifestyle are acceptable.  I do, however, believe that there is moderation in all things.  I do believe in well balanced diet and exercise and keeping yourself healthy and in shape.  I have come up with some of my own "Healthy Living" inspiration to counteract the effects of these borderline (if not COMPLETE) eating disorder like thoughts...






I feel really strongly about this.  All people (and especially women and girls I feel) should learn healthy and positive habits.  Eat healthy and act healthy.  Get enough sleep and exercise and indulge a bit too!  It is JUST FINE to eat a damn cookie and to have a piece of cake.  Just don't eat the entire dozen or the entire pan at one time.  I mean, come on people.  

Sorry about the rant but I just can't keep quiet any longer.  Hate me if you want for talking about this... but you know what... my blog- my rules :)  So to all of you reading this today- eat a cookie.  And remember to walk around the house while you are talking on the phone (it will burn some calories).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're awesome and I totally agree. I feel the exact same way about these things being pinned...I always want to comment on the pictures but I know that will do no good. It makes me sad that people judge their worth based on how skinny they are. Keep writing like this! It's good to know that there are people who care about being healthy and happy, rather than skinny!

Robyn said...

I saw a bunch of them yesterday while eating my McD's hot fudge sundae...and I agree they are really annoying.

Britta Mosman said...

Love this post. You are spot on!!