Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful Thanksgiving Thursday

On the day set aside to reflect on thankfulness- I am indeed thankful for many things.  Harrison and I made the 8 hour trek to Grand Junction to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.  We were fortunate enough to have 9 out of 10 kids at home.  It has been a wonderful weekend.  Here are some highlights of my family fun that I am very thankful for!




We had some time to snap a few family photos

We are kind of crazy.  Well- a lot crazy

9 out of 10 kids oldest to youngest (we are missing #2)

Tallest to shortest (I am now 4th in line)



We had lots of food, family, and fun.  We seriously had so much food.  And the PIES.  THE PIES!  We made 8 pies (5 of which were apple) and I have eaten at least an entire apple pie just by myself... and I really don't think that is an exaggeration.


Mom making pie!

Holly and Audrey helping with pie

Pies and pies and pies!

My mom's apple pie is seriously the best in the world.  NO JOKE!


While we baked pies, dad worked on the computer

 Noellee was putting around trying to "help" where she could

Auntie Laura helped Noellee with her hair for pictures

Audrey and Harve loved eating the apple peels with their lunch

Brok couldn't wait to get outside to play some football with the boys

The big (and a couple of little) boys played football outside in the crisp air



My 3 sisters! Laura, Charnae, and Audrey.  I really do love them!

Westley, Jaala, Christian, and Laura

Christian and Jaala making faces


I am so thankful for my family.  We really do love each other.  We all seem to get along (and that is an awesome feat... since there are 10 of us... and a few in-laws too).  


I am thankful for the time I have had with my family this weekend.  The food has been stupendous, the visiting has been stimulating, and the laughing together has been wonderful.  


I am thankful for all that I have.  I am thankful for a vehicle that is reliable enough to get us from Las Vegas to Grand Junction safely and with a heater/air conditioner that works.


I am thankful for my siblings.  I have a special bond with each of them.  I have been able to laugh HARD with my sisters, and cuddle with my younger brothers.  


I am thankful for my parents.  They are the best parents I have ever had!  But really- they are wonderful.  They are wise and they are grounded in their beliefs and faith in Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for that.  I am thankful for the values and standards they taught me while I was in their house.


I am thankful for good food and the ability myself and my families have to buy food and eat food.


I am thankful for many many things.  I hope you and your family have also had a wonderful and blessed holiday.  Be thankful for the things you have and the relationships you have with others.  


LOVE YALL!

No comments: