Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday!!!

Happy Thursday to you!  How has your week been?  I hope you have lots to be thankful for!  I know I do... when I think about it.  Let's recap the week:


Date Nights
We went out with friends on 11-11-11.  It was super fun.  We went and supported the UNLV Runnin' Rebels in their season opener.  It was fun... especially because our Rebels won!  Whoot!  So fun!


We had better seats this time... but we were still pretty high up.  BUT- no young boys around with beer to spill on me!  That was definitely a plus!

The three husbands enjoying the game

Happy 11:11 on 11-11-11!



Marriage
Yes- I am so thankful to be married!  Harrison and I attended a marriage seminar last weekend.  We learned how to make our marriage Good, Better, and Best.  It was REALLY good.  The speaker was great and I took a boat-load of notes.  I really am thankful for Harrison and the marriage that we have.  We have been married 6 1/2 years and I am really proud of that.  Sure we have fights and disagreements, but you know- we have it pretty dang good!  
Harrison tried to teach me to drive his manual car last weekend.  I sucked.  It was funny.  He is a great teacher.  He was so patient and he was more than willing to laugh with me (and at me) and guide me through the process.  He gave me positive comments even though the car stalled at least 30 times that afternoon.  Well- the next day I found this on my steering wheel when I got in my truck to go to work...


So awesome!  It was great.  I love my husband (like when I try to explain how much I love him- it will make you want to puke because it's so mushy- LOVE).  


Love
I know this blessing sounds generic... and I can see how it could be generic.  There has been many ways this last week that I have been shown love.  In word, in phone calls, in deed, in texts, in hugs, in laughter, in notes... the list goes on.  I am thankful that I am loved.


I hope you have many things that you are thankful for.  If you can't think of any... just know that I am thankful you read this post and I am sending you love!  It sounds sappy- but I am in a kind of sappy mood right now :)


No comments: