Sunday, January 20, 2013

Spiritual Thought Sunday

My heart is full today.  Today we had a special Stake Conference.  It was announced about a month ago or so.  We were told that a member of the Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints would be coming to speak.  We were all excited.  A couple of weeks ago it was re-announced that we would also be privileged to hear from Neil L. Anderson, an apostle of The Lord and member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  So exciting.


Well, we had that special Stake Conference today.  I was so excited that I actually was able to hear Elder Anderson speak last night as well as this morning.  What a special experience to have an apostle in the same room speaking and testifying of the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was very powerful.

Last night I attended a meeting with the Priests and Laurels of the Henderson, Nevada area.  There were hundreds of teenagers gathered to hear the message.  It was a great time.  The overwhelming message I took from the meeting was "You are not yet who you will become."  He spoke about becoming great in the sight of the Lord through a Monarch Butterfly analogy.  It was really good.  I also loved his message about looking beyond ourselves to better our future generations.  A question he asked was, "How can i make my life better than something of me?" We really do get caught up in the feelings of "ME, ME, ME" a lot.  We often say things like, "I was wronged." and "This was not fair to ME because....".  He taught us that it was time to look beyond ourselves and think of others.  Not only the others around us that our Heavenly Father also loves, but our future generations.  We need to be doing the things that we know to be correct and true to benefit our future children, children's children, and so on.

At the end of his talk, he bore his testimony.  At the end of his testimony he said, "I AM a witness of Jesus Christ...".  I was overcome with the Spirit of Testimony.  I know without a single doubt that he IS an apostle of Christ.  He has been given special Priesthood keys.  It was amazing.

This morning his message was about opening our eyes to the gospel and also testifying of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson.  He used a story that President Monson told about a man who had severe cataracts and had a surgery to heal them.  He was able to see for the first time in a long time.  He related that to our own testimonies and our view of the gospel.  He urged us to SEE the gospel and to VIEW it purely.  He related this message through a few stories about our beloved prophet.  

I want to testify to each of you reading this today that I know Jesus Christ lives.  He loves us.  His gospel has been restored in it's fullness to the Earth.  We have a living prophet today that is living on this Earth, just as in the days of Abraham and Moses, and Nephi and Helaman.  Our prophet has  Twelve Apostles on this Earth today just as Christ did in His days on the Earth.  I know that our prophet and apostles are true witnesses of Christ.  They are given revelation from our Lord that they teach us.  It is a wonderful thing.  We live in a wonderful day and age.  I feel so blessed to live at this time.  I also feel very blessed to be able to share my testimony with you.  I know that there aren't a lot of you who read this, but I am so glad that at least one of you will read this.  

If any of you reading this would like to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, please click HERE and HERE or leave me a comment with questions or thoughts!  

I love you all!

No comments: