Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Ultimate Strawberry Shortcake

Well, I made this dessert a few weeks ago and it got rave reviews. I thought I would share the (very easy and very quick) recipe on the blog for all to share. I found the recipe via Food.com


INGREDIENTS- 1 quart fresh strawberries (or more if you like)
-1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz) containers frozen whipped topping
- 1 (14 oz) angel food cake, cut into cubes (I buy the cake already made)

DIRECTIONS1. Wash, stem, and cut strawberries in half
2. Add sugar; toss to mix well
3. Chill
4. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar well
5. Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes
6. Spread cake into an ungreased 13x9 dish
7. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours
8. Cut cake into squares; top with strawberries

This dessert is really fresh tasting and loved by all! Have fun with it! I added some blackberries to it as well (so good)

No comments: