Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday... on Wednesday of course!

Well, another week has come and gone. These are the things I am most thankful for:

Dates with Harrison
last weekend we were tourists in our own town. I suggest this to everybody! We hit Ceasars Palace on The Strip and did a wee bit of shopping at Banana Republic and The Gap (thanks to Harrison's 50% off employee discount). We also ate lunch at Serendipity on The Strip. Since it took almost an hour for our food to get to us, our meal was comp'd. So nice! We didn't worry about anything that entire day. We just laughed, talked, walked, looked, held hands, and were care-free.

Fresh Cut Grass
I helped Harrison mow the lawn on Monday night. Well, I pulled weeds and edged the lawn. The smell of the lawn being mowed is such a comfy smell to me. Since I grew up with my dad as a landscape contactor, the smell of lawn mower exhaust and cut grass is so familiar. It reminds me of being a kid. It reminds me of hugs from my dad when I was younger. It reminds me of eating lunch at McDonalds with my dad when I went to work with him. It reminds me of my dad holding the big water jug over my head and helping me get ice water in my mouth without touching the nozzle. Good memories!

Clean Sheets
I must confess- I don't make my bed or change my sheets as often as I should (Im not even going to tell you how often... since it will probably make you barf). I changed the sheets and made my bed this week and what a difference it has made. It feels so nice and cozy when the crisp sheets are around me at night.

Cousins
I had my only cousin who is older than me send me a text a few days ago asking if him and his wife could come and visit us this next weekend (Labor Day weekend). OF COURSE! We spent time with them when they got married a couple of weeks ago and we had a blast! They want to come visit us again!? How awesome! I am quite excited about it!

Well, I do believe this concludes this week. I hope you all have many things to be thankful for this week. Leave a comment letting md know what YOU are thankful for!

LOVE!!!!!

No comments: