Monday, October 25, 2010

Balboa Island and Corona Del Mar

We had 1 day of sunshine so we decided to make the best of it. We skipped over to Corona Del Mar to see the annual sand castle competition. We were kind of let down but it was fun anyway. The weather was a bit cool and we loved it!


Dennis and Harrison walking down to the beach



After the sand castles, we made our way to Balboa Island. There is a little Auto Ferry that takes a few cars at a time from the "mainland" to the island. Harrison and I have never been on it and it was pretty fun actually!



When we got to the island we decided to walk down to the end of the pier and get some dinner. We ate at Ruby's Diner. GROSS! I got sick from my clam chowder! It was pretty gross. But we did enjoy sitting at the end of the pier.

Notice the clouds that are starting to roll in. It didn't get sunny the rest of our vacation!


After dinner we made our way to my FAVORITE cupcake joint! A So Cal trip is NOT complete without a stop at Sprinkles. We got home and I went to bed at like 6pm since I was not feeling too well from my dinner.
I did however, find a desire later that night to eat my red velvet cupcake!

No comments: