Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Good evening friends and family! Things I am thankful for this week:

Thunder Storms
We have had a butt-load of thunder storms the last week. They have been fabulous! Tons of LOUD thunder and some incredible lightning. It rained for 3-4 days and it was very much needed here in the desert! The commutes home from work though have been pretty terrible! That is one of the bad things about not having rain very often in this city... nobody knows how to drive in it.


Slippers
I have a problem with keeping slippers for very long. Lately it has been due to our lovely cats (who are still being pains in the butt by the way). When we got the cats last year, they decided to take my ear muffs and slippers and use them as "babies". They carry them around and sleep with them and stuff. Gross and rude if you ask me... but kinda cute at the same time. Anyway... I got these new slippers at Target for $9. Pretty cute. Harrison said when I got them "Man, they have EVERYTHING for girls. Even slippers that look like flats."


My New Job
Yes folks- I have a second job. It is an answer to our prayers. Since Harrison is in grad school (the Marriage and Family Therapy program at UNLV) he is limited to how much he can work. So- I picked up a small part-time job at my favorite clothing store... BANANA REPUBLIC! YAY! I am excited to work with CLOTHES and get the discount... oh- having money to pay the bills is nice too!


Boots
Tis the season for fall boots! Oh how I love them! I love love love them! I can't express to you how much I love them! End of that story!

Well- Hope you can find something to be thankful for this week. Comment on this post with something that YOU are thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! That's so awesome you're working at Banana...I should totally do that too, I LOVE that store. I also LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE boots! Woo hoo, I might finally be ready for Fall. :)