Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

For those of you who are new to the program, Thankful Thursday is a post I (try to) post every Thursday reflecting on the past week and the things that I am thankful for.

Hair Cuts
I have enjoyed my new haircut so much this week. People don't even recognize me. HEE HEE. It has given me a new sense of confidence and self worth. I forgot what a new look can do for a girl. I have had so many compliments on the new cut. I am so glad that I did it.

Naps
Oh yes. I have had to take quite a few the last week or so. I have been just pooped! I have been getting up almost an hour earlier than normal because it seems like a fight in the morning to get the bathroom. Since I have to share the bathroom with 2 boys now (and the latest edition takes just as long as I do in the powder room in the morning)... I have to forgo an hour of (much needed might I add) beauty sleep to get my turn to take a shower. So anyway... I have been snoozing on my lunch breaks and in between the day and night jobs. I love naps!

My Braces
When I was young, I always wanted braces. I thought it was something that made you a "cool" teenager. Oh brother. Now that I have them... I want to rip them off everyday of my life. But, I am so happy with the results I have had so far. I never imagined that my teeth would ever be as straight as they are right now... and I am only half way through the process. Sure, I had to have a root canal because of them and I had to have some oral surgery in the beginning! But it will all be worth it in the end. Harrison looks at my teeth a few times a week and he is always like "Dang!" He can't believe how straight they are either. It makes me feel good when he gets excited about them.

Nice Neighbors
I see our next door neighboor once or twice a day. His name is Gordon and he owns the Pawn Shop next door. He is such a nice man. He always says hello to me when I walk by and he is outside working on his (beautiful might I add) lawn and garden. Yesterday he told me that he really liked my new haircut. We chatted for a few minutes outside the shop on my way home from work. He is just a nice guy. We need more nice guys in the world, don't you think?

No comments: