Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday (a day early)

I have been so bad at this Thankful Thursday business. My life has been so hectic and crazy! So- here it goes:

Brothers
Yes, I am thankful for all of my brothers. My younger brother, Curtis, came home from his mission and I am thankful for his service to the Lord and his safe return home. Harrison's brother, Jordan, moved in with us last week. I am thankful for his willingness to help out around the house and pay us rent!

I-Pods
I now have a night job with Harrison at BYU. I collect all of the recycling in one of the rather large buildings on campus. I am thankful that I have my IPod to keep me interested in something other than colored and plain white paper. I have been able to listen to almost all of the Harry Potter books and I am going to start with some of the classic books that I have always wanted to read, but haven't got around to actually reading.

Broadway Paper Co.
I ordered some fabulous Snow and Graham invitations from this particular company online. They were so nice to answer all of my questions about shipping and such. I received my order a few days ahead of schedule and it was so nicely wrapped. There was also included in the package a hand-written note from the people I talked with on the phone, thanking me for my order... I also got a 10% off coupon for being a customer. Check out their website (click here).

Family Home Evening
Yes, I love to get together with family and friends and discuss the gospel and visit. It is something I look forward to every week. Harrison and I have FHE with Bryan and Crystal almost every Sunday evening. We have discussed all sorts of things (marriage woes, faith, prayer, food storage, emergency preparedness, and the list goes on). It is also fun for me to see their family grow. We started having FHE together when we first moved to Provo. It has been about a year and a half now. We have seen the birth of both of their children (Happy 1st Birthday to Emmerson today and Happy actual Birthday to Willow this last Monday). What a great relationship we have with them. Family Home Evening gives me the boost I need for the rest of the week. I reflect back on what we talked about in our FHE's a lot during the week. Hip Hip Hooray for FHE!

No comments: