Sunday, July 6, 2008

Birthday Hat Crafting Extravaganza!

So cute... I know! My boss' birthday is Monday and so I made her this fancy schmancy birthday hat for her. I have wanted to make one ever since I saw the hat on the Peacoats and Party Hats website (click here to see). So, with a little help from my friend and co- worker Jane Parker, we put together this hat for her!

I used some German glass glitter to embellish this cutout from a vintage birthday card. I love this pretty little lady!

All of the people in my department at work gave me something that describes them to add to the hat. This SPARKLE pin is so freaking cute. I just about died when my co-worker gave it to me for the hat.

It was a lot of fun to use some of the vintage buttons and notions I have for this hat.
I think the vintage broach is my favorite part. So cute! Thanks for the addition Jane!
The picture on the hat is actually a picture of my boss when she was about 25 years old. Her and her husband had one of those old time photos taken about 20 years ago when they were first married. He was happy to send me a copy of it to use on the hat!

The hat was so fun to make. The hats on the website run about $24 for the kit. I know now why they are kind of pricey. If I were to sell this, it would have to go for a lot more than that. It took me many hours to put together and the embellishments can get kind of pricey as well... but well worth the adventure!

No comments: