Monday, January 23, 2012

Being sick is no fun!

It really is.  The stomach flu is going around work and church and I ended up getting it.  BOO.  I am glad that the worst of it was during Sunday.  I was super sad that I had to miss church, especially because I was excited about giving my lesson.  But- at least it wasn't during a super busy work day.


Throwing up is the worst.  Seriously.  It is.  That is one of the things I hate the most about my body.  When it doesn't know what to do or I am sick or over tired or I have too much emotion... I barf.  What the heck!?  So weird.


Well this is how my day went yesterday:


Wake up at 5:45 and the flu begins


9:15 am- make a sick bed on the couch and start watching shows.  Which shows do you ask?  Well let me tell you about them:


Downton Abbey

This show is amazing!  Harrison started to watch it for me but he doesn't much care for it anymore.  That's alright.  I seriously love it.  I finished the first season and started the second season.  I am so glad that PBS has full episodes on their website.


Midnight In Paris

This movie is just as amazing!  Paris in the 20's?  Yeah- fabulous.  Owen Wilson does such a good job.  This movie made me want to go to Paris and never come home!  Seriously- you need to see this movie if you haven't already.  And if you have already seen it- see it again!


My sick bed:

And this is how I look when I am sick:

Yeah- pathetic.  


Well- I am feeling better today.  I still can't have any dairy.  I tried to have cereal and milk this morning.... bad idea.


Harrison has been so great.  When I came back to bed after first getting sick, he reached over and patted my back and asked if there was anything he could do for me.  Just that small act of love and kindness meant a lot.  So much!  I love him.


Well- I am gonna go take a nap.  I am so tired still.  Maybe I will try some chicken soup again!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

kay said...

We watched all of Season 1 Downton all in a couple of sittings and then caught up to Season 2 online. It has been enjoyable and irritating at the same time. Midnight in Paris-weird, and whats his face needs to blow his nose. I did like all of the footage of Paris. I am reading "The Paris Wife" now, about Hemmingway and his first wife. Talks about a lot of the people that were portrayed in the movie.