Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Monday Fun-Day

I figure if I keep telling myself that I love Monday's that it will come true.  What do you think?  Here are some thought I have had today:


I always get sad when out of town guests have to go home.  Harrison's parents and his cousin were here over the weekend.  We had fun.  We ate lot of food, toured some highlights on the strip and also visited Hoover Dam.  Hoover Dam is seriously one of my very most favorite places to visit.  No joke.  But this morning it all came to an end.  They had to go home.  I wish them safe and happy travels back to Grand Junction.  As soon as they left and the door closed, the house seemed too quiet.  It was like a sad quiet.  


Why do people get road rage?

Now, most of you who know me and read this are probably laughing right now or even saying to yourself (or out loud) "What the heck!?  You should know why JAALA!"  It's true.  I USED to get road rage quite easily and I used to put myself and others in dangerous situations on the road.  Other drivers just used to make me mad on the road.  But- after my ticket last spring, I have changed my ways.  I don't speed anymore and I am a more courteous driver.  Anyway- while eating my lunch today I looked out of the window to see an older gentleman (maybe in his 60's) in a Dodge truck and a younger kid (maybe in his 20's) in a Jeep Cherokee stopped in the middle of the road and yelling at each other.  The traffic was building up behind them and the horns were blasting!  Why they were out of their vehicles and yelling at each other in the middle of the road, I don't know.  I am glad that they didn't start a fight though.  I was getting all nervous watching them.


My middle finger hurts on my left hand.  I don't know what the heck I did to it.  I cracked my knuckle during the game yesterday and it hurt pretty bad then, but it went away and I didn't even notice it for the rest of the night.  When I woke up this morning I grabbed my phone and about went through the roof.  My finger hurts so bad!  It isn't swollen or anything, but it hurts to put pressure on it.  Sometimes I have the weirdest things happen to me.  I think Harrison is tired of hearing about them.


The pumpkin muffins at Panera Bread are just about the best thing in the world.  

They are so not healthy but they are so dang good.  I share one with Harrison about once or twice a week.  Today I went to lunch by myself and I ate a muffin top instead... it is still just as good.


I am ready for summer.  The trees are starting to bud here and get their leaves back (well- the ones that even lost their leaves during the "winter").  I love summer.  Those who know me know that.  Some of the resort pools here in Vegas are scheduled to open the first week of March.  That is so amazing!


Harrison and I take a lot of pictures at Hoover Dam.  Well, not a TON, but our fair share.  I like that when out of town guests come to Vegas, most of them want to visit the dam.  In case you didn't know, it is one of the 7 wonders of the world!  Seriously!  My Great Grandpa Lee helped build it in the ate 30's and early 40's.  My Grandma Gladden was born in Boulder City while her father worked on the dam.  Here is our latest pictures at the dam.




Valentines day is in like 8 days and I haven't started my Valentines Day crafts yet.  I am starting to feel panicked.  I am sure that I can get them done, but I don't even know what THEY are yet!  I usually make valentines for my co-workers and I thought I had an awesome idea, but now that I really think about it- I think that half of my co-workers won't appreciate the gift.  I need to re-think it.  I have a ton of ideas pinned on Pinterest.  I need to look through them and find something to do I guess.


Well- these are the things I am thinking about right now.  Oh- and the guy sitting across from me at Panera keeps looking at me while I am typing.  I think he wants to talk to me.  I was going to flash my wedding ring at him, but I FORGOT IT THIS MORNING!!!  Crap!  Maybe I need to wrap this up and get back to my office... where I am ALL ALONE!

No comments: