Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

How has your week been?  Mine has been fabulous!  Here is what I am thankful for this week:

Stay-cations
Our mini vacation over the weekend was awesome.  I am thankful that we live in a city that has so much to offer.

Snail Mail
I have received quite a few little notes and valentines from my friends in the Project Snail Mail group on Facebook.  I haven't met half of the wonderful people in this group, but I am thankful to get mail from people I don't know who share the same love for paper, letters, and snail mail.  Join us!  We would love to have you!  Click HERE

Valentines Day
The best holiday of all time... in my opinion!  Seriously!  It is so amazing.  Here are some pictures of my Valentines Day celebrations.






Surprises
I do love them.  I am thankful for Harrison and his early Valentine's Day surprise for me!  It was so romantic and mushy and amazing!

Being able to sleep with only 2 pillows
I sleep crazy.  Like a maniac really.  I am very particular about how I sleep and how many pillows I sleep with.  I sleep in this kind of pillow fortress.  Its ridiculous really.  But I can't help it.  I always convince myself that if I don't have all 4 pillows with me- I can't sleep.  Seriously... its a problem.  But I started sleeping with just 2 pillows and I have slept like a little baby the last 3 nights.  Its a huge step for me.  Really.

Young Women's
I am so thankful for the leaders I work with at church and also the girls I get to teach and lead while in their teenage years.  It is such a joy.  I was late to our weekly activity last night... by almost an hour.  All the girls looked as I walked in and seemed genuinely happy to see me!  If I was in a bad mood before, I wasn't anymore at that point.  They are so awesome!

Laryngitis
What!?  I am thankful for my voice going away?  Kind of.  And it is for another silly reason... I can sing all sultry and scratchy in the car.  I can almost sound like Adele (in my mind I sound like Adele... but I'm sure if somebody else heard me they would disagree with me).  I have been singing Adele in the car all week with my scratchy and at times not-even-audible voice!  HA HA.  What a silly thing to be thankful for... but I can't lie.  I am thankful or it.

I hope you take a moment to reflect on what you are thankful for this week.  I had the quote of the day at work yesterday and this is what I said:

Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."


No comments: