Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spiritual Thought Sunday

Well hello dear friends and family.  How has your Sunday been?  Mine has been pretty dang good.  As most of you know, I try to post every Thursday with a "Thankful Thursday" post.  I thought I would add to that with a weekly post on Sunday with something that I found to be truly inspiring, thought provoking, and testimony building.

Today in Sunday School we were reading out of the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi.  We were discussing "choosing Liberty and Eternal Life".  We were reading verse 18 and a member of our class had this point that really struck me.

We read in the scriptures that the Lord wants us to know good from evil.  We also read that Satan wants us to experience good and evil.  There is a difference between those two plans.

Our Heavenly Father's plan for us is to experience happiness and to gain knowledge.  We gain knowledge through our life and through our experience.

Satan obviously has other motives.  He wants us to "experience" good and evil.  When we are tempted and give into that temptation we are experiencing that evil.  Just like when he tempted Adam and Eve, he makes it seem like a good thing to "experience" both good and evil, pleasure and pain.  This is a cunning plan.

It was such good insight.  The difference in our Heavenly Father's plan and Satan's plan.  The former is the plan of happiness with the goal of gaining knowledge.  The latter is a plan to deprive us of our happiness and bring us down in misery.

I am thankful for our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness.  I am also thankful for my free agency.  The blessing to choose for myself right from wrong and to gain knowledge from my experiences here on this Earth.  I am thankful for the blessing of having the Holy Ghost to help me in my decisions and warn me when I may be falling to the cunning temptations of the devil.  I am thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and his ultimate sacrifice that makes it possible for me to repent of my sins and get back on the path to true happiness and joy.








**If you would like to learn more about the plan of happiness and why I am so thankful for it, click HERE or HERE

No comments: